OUR VISION, MISSION, AIMS AND AMBITION.
NEED & CHALLENGE
- Seasonal and mobile workers with different knowledge background and diverse education and training. Graduate students with hospitality degrees with different skills from those that are needed, or experienced water sports instructors with no theoretical knowledge about hospitality and guest services.
- Water sports (WS) instructors without knowledge about the local area, its culture, environment and people.
WS Tourism professionals with ocean literacy & increased knowledge about the specific travel destination can add value to the touristic product in coastal areas. They can act as local ambassadors for the promotion of the specific travel destination and can raise awareness about the preservation of our seas.
Previous research results, in the framework of the MELTEMI Project (2017-2019), regarding the training needs of the NAUTICAL ROUTES professionals, among others, demonstrated the need for:
- Knowledge of hospitality services, management and tourism marketing
- Soft skills: language and communication skills, risk management, team working, resilience, leadership, cultural awareness.
- Safety skills: life guarding, first aid, emergency response, drawing prevention, self-survival and emergency action, rescue.
- Inclusiveness training: equip Water Sports Tourism Professionals with the knowledge, tools and attitude to provide an excellent, safe and rewarding service to people with disabilities.
- Map the educational and training offer & analyse the training/ learning needs of the WST professionals, the industry skills needs and finally create their occupational profile.
Develop the methodology, tools and learning content for an effective and innovative training experience.
Test the system in real life conditions and create the first cohort of qualified and certified Water Sports Tourism professionals.
- Share the knowledge.